Friday, September 25, 2009

Ending Government Constipation

Lots of folks are bitchin’ and moanin’ about government these days – all levels of municipal, state, and, of course, federal – and with good reason too. There’s nothing like an out of touch career politician (or an entire building of them), many of whom have never had a “real” job, to get the emotions roiling.

Trouble is, nothing ever seems to get done. Constructive dialogue seems like a long-forgotten tenet of our free-speech society. Now, it’s all about being bombastic and in-your-face, from political conservatard and liberaltard commentators (O’Reilly and Olbermann, I talking about you douches) to politicians themselves (and, that will include you, Joe “You Lie!” Wilson).

Most everyone is pitching in with complaints. Some are offering up solutions, including the King of the “Wake ‘n Bake” crowd, Joe Rogan. Joe thinks we ditch the system and adopt a Star Trek-like “council of elders,” with no ties to corporations. Now, I’ve had a man-crush on Joe for years now, and I treasure his well-deserved opinion. However, when you start to take your governmental cues from science fiction entertainment, it’s time to push yourself away from the one-hitter pipe, even if temporarily. I’m just saying, Joe …

I figure it’s time for me to offer up my own solutions - time to push myself away from the highball glass and run for office. I’m not sure of what office to run for yet – I’ll have to query the bar. I’m not also sure of the particulars of my platform. But, I do know that it will be centered on getting shit done.

End government constipation. Vote for Ray and get government off the pot.

Follow my campaign on Twitter @RayHartjen

No comments:

Post a Comment